Sunday 17 March 2013

It's Not Easy Being Green With Nothing but Socks!

I'm not Catholic, as I'm sure anyone who reads my blog is aware. I am 25% Irish, however, so St. Patrick's Day is kind of a deal for me. It's sentimentality for the green grasses of Eire, a land I've seen only in pictures (including satellite imagery) and movies. The truly sad thing is, I have nothing green to wear but a pair of socks - very, very old socks. I'm not wearing them. Instead I have white ones, with light blue toes and heels & a strip of sparkly stuff around the blue. Stop laughing. They're cute. I have cute feet. Without the socks they're sexy feet.

I actually look good in emerald green. I should have tons of it in my closet, but I don't. Mostly it's either black, or really strong colours like tons of red. I think I have every shade of red imaginable in my closet, from pinky colours to crimson and Chinese red, to raspberry and burgundy. Purple is in there in abundance, which isn't surprising because of the red part of it. I have a little bit of blue, and some yellow and brown, but no stinkin' GREEN. Just that lone, pathetic pair of socks that I haven't even bothered to put on. What kind of Irish person does that make me I ask you?

I won't even get into the religious angle. I'm neither of the religions that the Irish fought such bloody wars over. I'm not a drinker, either. Although I like beer quite a bit, I've never had it in green either.

I do like to dance. I know how to play a fair number of instruments, too. Music is definitely one of the things I've inherited, although it's not exclusively the province of the Irish by any means. I don't know how to dance a jig or any of that fancy Michael Flatly, "Lord of the Dance" stuff, otherwise known as Irish stepdancing. Instead I stick with belly dancing, hip-hop and its various permutations. Hey - whatever blows up your kilt!

I'm also a writer of all sorts of types of writing, so obviously the story-telling has trickled down through the ages. I write this blog - duh - and I write articles for a couple of websites. Those are all non-fiction pieces. However, I've always felt my fiction was my best work. I have very little of that available right now for public consumption - just an erotica story in four chapters available here. I will be adding another one to the site soon, although I'm not certain where it's going just yet. It's starting out as erotica, perhaps, but there may be a more romantic element to it. My writing seems to control me, and not the other way around.

Appearance-wise I've got the pale skin of the Irish, but not the 'creamy' complexion. I have a small, slightly turned-up nose that I'm inordinately fond of, despite a couple of cracks/breaks (once from a long-bomb - football - and once from a door). I don't have red hair, unless I'm in the mood for it of course. I don't really have freckles, either. I've got mostly green eyes (classified as hazel), although the fact that they're a rainbow of shades might be even more appropriate. There's definitely gold at the base there. Well, hell, there goes that ego again. Or...maybe it's Blarney!

Well, whatever your mix of ancestry, and however they managed to put themselves together for you and your family, I hope you all have a Happy St. Patrick's Day, filled with happy blarney, and lots of responses to the shirt you're no doubt wearing that says, "Kiss me, I'm Irish."

2 comments:

  1. no green shirt, but kiss me anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I hear ya! Sadly lacking in both green AND kisses here, with a complete absence of green kisses. Forecast calls for continuation of drought...

      Delete

Please keep your comments respectful, without strong profanity, or they will not be published. Thank you.