Monday 27 May 2013

A Night of Frivolity and Frolicking

I have decided there will be nothing serious planned for this evening. I'm going to play. I have a million things that have slipped my grasp these last couple of months, and I've been playing catch-up on a few of them. I've got a lot more to deal with, but for tonight I'm promising myself that no work will be accomplished. All work and no play turns Rain into a Drizzle, so I need some fun.

What constitutes a fun evening for me? Well, there are things I'd love to be doing that I can't do, seeing as they involve a second, consenting adult who is not related to me, and in my case needs to be the opposing gender. There are none at hand at the moment, so that's out. If you've read my blog at all, you know I'm just not the type to wander around picking up strange men, and by strange I mean strangers that I've never met before, not strange as in weird, because I don't mind a bit of strange there. It makes things interesting.

Beyond my perverted thoughts, let's see what comes to mind. Since reformatting I have put exactly one game on my laptop. I'll probably reinstall a few that I'm in the mood for. Probably some sort of simulation game where I get to play God. I kinda like that. I'm a bit of a control-freak in some ways - although I'm sure many people have already figured that out.

I'm not sure how I feel about watching a movie or two. That's another thing I'd kind of like to have someone of the opposite gender around for, too. Snuggling and watching nonsensical explosions, or laughing our asses off at a comedic moment, is one thing I miss about being in a relationship. I don't think I actually get lonely in the typical sense, but there are things I crave, admittedly. Of course, the problem that comes along with me is the fact that I do enjoy being alone quite a bit, but it's a question of finding someone who can tolerate that and doesn't feel as though two people in a relationship have to be together every second.

Then there's my ferret, Pepper. I'm thinking I might take him for a walk after most of the people have gone to sleep. I'll get stopped a hell of a lot less. Even at three or four in the morning I get stopped every time I take a ferret for a walk. People just go crazy over them, and they have to stop and talk to me. If I were trying to make more friends here, that would be a good thing. I'm not, but I still enjoy talking to them about my furry friends.

So, the night is young, and I have a few plans for enjoying myself. I guess that means it's time to shut up and go do them! Ah, middle-aged freedom...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments respectful, without strong profanity, or they will not be published. Thank you.