Thursday 14 February 2013

Post-Mortem on The Kovacs Perspective

Well, I can't say my first show as producer of The Kovacs Perspective went off without a hitch, because it didn't. The up-side was that it had nothing to do with anything I did or didn't do. Skype decided to be cranky, so the show had a bit of a delay, but aside from a bit of a late start the show was great. Tons of great information from two great guests, for which the host +Steve Kovacs has me to thank! And did. Despite the joking around he did on the show itself about me being to blame, he seemed pretty happy about the quality of our guests.

I will say that my face got pretty red as he talked about me in the first few minutes of the show, as well as at the end, though not by name that time. I tend to shy away from that kind of publicity, so I sat here at my laptop having to resist the idiotic urge to cover my face. I can handle the writing thing, even if I one day became rich and famous. It's not the same for writers as it is for musicians and actors - or TV hosts for that matter. Facial recognition triggers a different level of stalker and paparazzi mentality entirely.

Knowing Steve's general sense of humour, I wasn't particularly surprised by the mention, or by the fact that he cracked a joke about it. He's a funny guy, and occasionally I find myself as the butt of one of his jokes. That's okay. There are worse things when it comes to having a 'boss'. I've had many that had no sense of humour, so my natural snarkiness had to come into play there. Not the best idea with someone who holds your job in their hands, but I stopped being afraid of that sort of thing a long time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments respectful, without strong profanity, or they will not be published. Thank you.