Friday 8 February 2013

New Show? Spinning Head Floats Into Space

My brain has been everywhere the last couple of days. I've fallen back into my workaholic habits, I think, but in a good way. It seems as though I've actually become tied to my laptop, especially if you consider the wire connecting my headset to my laptop.

My head is spinning in part because my 'boss' and I have been discussing a new show we're looking into doing. I'm not getting into details here, as there are a few parties involved in this project. Let's just say it's got a lot of angles and areas of research yet to be done, so I'm doggie-paddling my way through it. Once we've straightened out the gist, and have everyone on board, I'll start rolling out the promo on it.

Of course, there is other stuff going on in my little peanut these days, that I'm finding pretty damn distracting, so it's a miracle I get any research done at all. The delay in getting my blog out today is evidence of that, as well. I haven't even written a new article for +SearchWarp. I did one earlier in the week, but I usually do at least two every week, and I haven't even gone anywhere near the idea of doing it yet. I think I spend half my brain-time off in la-la land, and I don't mean the city of angels either. More like Ashlee Simpson's La La. For those who don't understand the reference, look up the lyrics or something. I'm not smart enough to deal with you right now.

My fiction writing has stalled, with the exception of my erotica, which has hit new heights, um, so to speak. My book, however, because it's not anywhere near an erotic point, has been sitting there waiting for me to do tech research. Another subject my brain will not sink its teeth into at the moment. I was supposed to finish chapter eight a few days ago, and actually said so in a blog posting, but I still have a couple of pages to go. Tonight. I absolutely must finish that chapter tonight. It's a very important part of the storyline. Then I can get back to the sex, of course, but in the book where it's supposed to be.

At the moment I'm overloading on sugar and preservatives. We've got pop, we had 7-11 chili cheese dogs, we've got hot chocolate cooling, and now we've started on the bag of crack donuts. Before you get all weird about that one, let me explain. I'm not sure how far the use of that term has spread, so it needs defining. Crack donuts do not have any sort of crack on them, and quite frankly I'd say they're more like coke donuts. They're the ones that are totally loaded up with powdered sugar. They make your face look as though you've been doing far too much blow. I avoid this by shoving the whole mini-donut in my mouth at once. Verrrryyy attractive.

Hopefully the fat I'm ingesting will kick-start my brain, and the sugar will make me a little zippier, because I'm really having a problem concentrating today. I've also lost interest in a number of things. I started to watch The Bounty Hunter (not Dog, either, but the Gerard Butler and Jennifer Aniston movie) and I think I might've reached the half-way point. Something is seriously wrong with me if I can't finish watching that movie. Gotta love a happy ending, but instead I got stuck in the cranky middle.

I started to watch the +Toronto Raptors game, but couldn't bring myself to continue. They're so far behind now that it just depresses me to watch even when they win. Of course, it doesn't help that they never win when I watch. It's always when I mean to watch, and then forget to, that they actually win, so I've become the bad luck fan.

I became a fan of the Raptors the very first year they became an expansion team. I was so excited to have an NBA team in Canada. The Grizzlies came out in Vancouver then, but even though I lived in Alberta at the time, I was originally from Ontario. I picked the Raptors as my team right from the beginning, and have loved them since. Good thing, too, because I'd have been pissed if I'd supported the Vancouver Grizzlies only to have them sold out of the country. There have been years that I never missed a Raptors game, and then I completely missed last year. I was more than a little shocked to find out it had been a short season.

That should tell you how out of touch I am with current events that get broadcast on TV. For those of you who don't know, I don't subscribe to TV service. I watch The Big Bang Theory, and stream the Raptors' games live. I will do the same thing for So You Think You Can Dance, although I haven't actually watched the last few seasons. I just haven't gotten around to it. Either that or it's just too painful to watch when I can't dance myself. One day soon.

You know, I've been thinking of creating new dance styles based on unusual combinations that still work together. 'Hanging out' with someone who's into martial arts is giving me strange ideas, me thinks. Then again, belly dancing does the same. I'm thinking martial ballroom would be really cool, as well as belly stripping. I've got some really cool images in my head, although they could very well be coloured by other, perhaps more interesting, ideas that would be a direct result of those performances. It's just that so many of the movements could be combined or continued to stretch from one thing to the next. Hmm. Need to work on this...just need a partner now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments respectful, without strong profanity, or they will not be published. Thank you.