Wednesday 5 November 2014

Tune In for the Dulcet Tones of My Voice

Howdy, y'all! No, I don't really talk like that most days, though a 'y'all' slips in there every once in a while if I'm feeling laid back. However, if you tune in to the show at 7 PM tonight (that would be 7 PM eastern, Wednesday, November 5th), you'll actually hear what I sound like in a semi-normal conversation. Maybe it's a bit more formal than general conversation, because I'm interviewing (and being interviewed by) Steve Kovacs on The Kovacs Perspective. If you've been reading my blog or following me on Facebook or Twitter, then you already know I've been Steve's personal producer for the show for almost two years now. However, there's been a bit of a shake-up in the way we have to air the show. WTOE is not currently broadcasting, so we've got to do things a little bit differently. Thankfully today's software, technology and equipment allows us to do just that. It took of bit of an investment in the show, but the end result is worth every penny.

We just didn't want to let the show go, especially with the loyal fan-base that Steve has accumulated over the six years or so that he's been on the air, so we decided not to disappoint them. As of 7 PM tomorrow I'll be uploading an updated website to accommodate those changes. There will be a new button on there for the WTOE archives of the show, which will link to their website for as long as it's available. There will be small changes on all of the pages, but the biggest change will be the player we've got now to broadcast our new shows, as well as the podcast archives we'll accumulate. Keep in mind, I'm uploading right at 7, so if you're on the site before then and don't see the changes, right-click and refresh your browser.

So, what are we going to talk about on the show? Well, I don't want to give away all our secrets, of course, but Steve will tell us a bit about his beginnings in radio and TV, and then he's going to ask me some questions about where we're going with the show and what mysterious functions I perform in the background. In the meantime I wanted to take the opportunity to thank the people who have made the show possible all these years. Len Azzarone and Lori Viscuso were absolutely indispensable on the WTOE team. We truly appreciate the work they've done over the years. They've given us a great foundation which allows us to continue the show as we're doing now.

The thing about asking all the questions in an interview is that the audience doesn't really get to know you that well. It's the host's job to get the guests to open up, after all. This time, however, we wanted to invite people in so they could get to know us a little bit. Steve has talked about me on the show from time to time, and he mentions the odd bit of personal history, but we thought it was time to open up to our listeners.

We're going to have some really cool guests on the show in the near future. It seems like our guests have just been getting more and more amazing, and that's not going to stop. I've got a bit of work ahead of me, but I tend to thrive on a crazy schedule so I look forward to it. I've finished my first MIT course (with a final mark of 92% I might add - w00t!), and I'm now into the second one. The website and show changes have been a part of my life for the last few weeks, on top of having a sick ferret to care for. I'd say it's a wonder I haven't lost my mind, but there's no real guarantee I haven't actually done so.

So, for those of you who are just a touch curious about what I sound like when I'm carrying on a conversation, rather than just the voice-overs and commercials you may have already been subjected to, be sure to tune in tonight! We have a great time with the show, and Steve's a good friend of mine, so every conversation we have is a lot of fun. We're betting it'll be fun for you, too.

And if you haven't heard my voice at all, might I suggest the new commercials I just recorded to be aired during the show? I know - shameless plug, but it's the way of the world. In case you do happen to be curious, though, check them out! The first one is for Steve's book, Protect Yourself: The Simple Keys Women Need to be Safe and Secure, and the second one is for WoodlandWebs.com, my web design service company. I had a lot of fun making them, so hopefully y'all enjoy them. Just call me shameless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments respectful, without strong profanity, or they will not be published. Thank you.